What to Bring to Conference
YLC will provide all Conference materials, lodging and meals. Dinner will be provided after check-in on Friday. All three meals will be provided Saturday. Breakfast and lunch will be served prior to check-out on Sunday. YLC will also provide you with a conference t-shirt and ask that you wear it on Saturday. As for other items, please be sure to bring the following:
What to Bring
- Sleeping bag or bed sheets and blankets for twin x-long mattress
- Toiletries (e.g., toothbrush, toothpaste, contact lens case and solution, soap, shampoo)
- Semi-formal attire for Saturday evening dinner
- Boys – slacks and button-down long-sleeve shirt (coat and tie optional), dress or nice casual shoes, NO sneakers
- Girls – dress or blouse with skirt or slacks, dress or nice casual shoes, NO sneakers
- Alarm clock
- Sneakers for outdoor activities
- Light sweater or jacket
- Change of casual clothes for two days (length of all shorts must be longer than the point where fingertips touch the thighs when arms are fully extended)
- (Due to inclement weather conditions anticipated for this weekend) Umbrella and/or raincoat, rain boots
What NOT to Bring
For safety reasons, please do not bring any of the following items:
- Tobacco products
- Ice chest
Anything expensive you do not want to lose. YLC is not responsible for lost belongings.
Frequently Asked Questions
Do my parents have to be with me at check-in and check-out?
It is not necessary for a parent / guardian to be with you at check-in. They may drop you off at the drop off location, and YLC mentors will escort you to the check-in desk.
However, a parent / guardian must be present at check-out. If someone other than your parent / guardian is picking you up from Conference, please let our check-in staff know the designated check-out person’s name. If you are driving yourself to Conference, you do not need a parent / guardian present at check-out.
Can my friends come visit me at YLC?
Only registered students will be allowed at Conference. We do not allow outside guests as they can be a distraction to our conference program and the student groups.
Can I leave the Conference for just a few minutes?
Students are not allowed to leave the designated areas on campus during Conference. Due to safety reasons, students who leave the designated areas will be immediately dismissed from Conference.