Mentor applications are now CLOSED.
Who is YLC Looking For?
Youth Leadership Council is seeking friendly, energetic, and enthusiastic working professionals and college students to mentor high school students at our annual Youth Leadership Conference. This year’s theme is “Be Confident. Be You.” and focuses on developing the foundational tools needed for our students to become confident leaders in their respective communities. Mentors must have completed two years of college by June 2017 or be a working professional. Mentors must be able to attend the following:
- Meet & Greet – to be scheduled with our Mentor Director
- Mentor Retreat – June 3-4, 2017 at Rice University
- Conference – June 23-25, 2017 at Rice University
We have limited mentor spots, so please apply as soon as possible to schedule a Meet & Greet!
Why Should You Join YLC?
The conference benefits both students and mentors. Not only do mentors get to relive their college years for a weekend living in a dormitory and eating cafeteria food, but they can network with other mentors and build lasting friendships. Other benefits include opportunities to:
- Share your knowledge, experience, and wisdom with high school students
- Lead and facilitate workshops, team building activities, and group discussions
- Challenge, inspire, and motivate students
- Further and develop your own leadership, team-building, and communication skills
Send your questions to our Mentor Director, Jason Tung.