2019 YLC Mentor application is NOW OPEN.
Please click here for Mentor Application Form.
Who is YLC Looking For?
Youth Leadership Council is seeking friendly, energetic, and enthusiastic working professionals and college students to mentor high school students at our annual Youth Leadership Conference. Mentors must have completed two years of college by June 2019 or be a working professional. Mentors must be able to attend the following:
- Meet & Greet – to be scheduled with our Mentor Director
- Mentor Retreat – June 1-2, 2019 at Rice University
- Conference – June 28-30, 2019 at Rice University
Why Should You Join YLC?
The conference benefits both students and mentors. Not only do mentors get to relive their college years for a weekend living in a dormitory and eating cafeteria food, but they can network with other mentors and build lasting friendships. Other benefits include opportunities to:
- Share your knowledge, experience, and wisdom with high school students
- Lead and facilitate workshops, team building activities, and group discussions
- Challenge, inspire, and motivate students
- Further and develop your own leadership, team-building, and communication skills
If you would like more information, please email our Mentor Director Amanda Lynn