YLC will provide all Conference materials, lodging and meals. Dinner will be provided after check-in on Friday. All three meals will be provided Saturday. Breakfast and lunch will be served prior to check-out on Sunday. YLC will also provide you with a conference t-shirt and ask that you wear it on Saturday. As for other items, please be sure to bring the following:
What to Bring
- Sleeping bag (or bed sheets and blankets for twin x-long mattress) and pillow
- Toiletries (e.g., toothbrush, toothpaste, contact lens case and solution, soap, shampoo)
- Semi-formal attire for Saturday evening dinner
- Boys – slacks and button-down long-sleeve shirt (coat and tie optional), dress or nice casual shoes, NO sneakers
- Girls – dress or blouse with skirt or slacks, dress or nice casual shoes, NO sneakers
- Alarm clock
- Sneakers for outdoor activities
- Light sweater or jacket
- Change of casual clothes for two days (length of all shorts must be longer than the point where fingertips touch the thighs when arms are fully extended)
What NOT to Bring
For safety reasons, please do not bring any of the following items:
- Tobacco products
- Ice chest
- Anything expensive you do not want to lose. YLC is not responsible for lost belongings.
Can I bring my cell phone?
As young adults, students are expected to demonstrate discipline, courtesy, and responsibility when it comes to their cellular phones. During any YLC activity, please silence your phone and save emails/texting/surfing for break times. If you are continually distracted from the YLC program because of your cell phone, it is considered disrespectful to the presenters as well as your fellow students who are trying to learn the conference material. You have paid to come to this conference to learn about leadership – why miss out on such a unique opportunity because of a cell phone?